Guideline Changes as of 8/08/2021 –
Changes Effective Immediately:
Masks are required regardless of vaccination status
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has developed a four-stage system which allows communities to gauge the spread of COVID and adjust mask mandates. View the latest updates here. Muskegon County has been raised to the “HIGH” risk of transmission level as of 8/20/2021.
FCC is cooperating with this system, as are many schools, institutions, and religious organizations locally. As such, we ask that ALL those who wish to worship in person (regardless of vaccination status) be prepared to wear a mask. When Muskegon County drops into the lower categories of “Moderate” or “Low” transmission rates this policy will be rescinded. (See link above). We will have additional masks available for those who need them on Sunday.
Please keep in mind that the air conditioning and purification project was absolutely necessary and is still working well, but was ONLY ONE STEP in the process of protecting our community and making the space safe to occupy. As this public health crisis carries on we will continue to make adjustments to our policies to keep everyone safe and comfortable.
In-Person Worship Guidelines
First Congregational Church, UCC
AS OF August 8, 2021
At A Glance
- Masks are required regardless of vaccination status
- Congregation may choose their own seats. Please continue to sit in pews marked with green tape only.
- Communion and Coffee Hour are not scheduled at this time.
Parking & Entrance
- Entry to the building will be through the double doors (#1) at the top of the ramp on the northeast
corner of the building.
- Masks are required regardless of vaccination status. We will have additional masks available for those who need them on Sunday. Please see an usher if you need a mask.
- The entrance will be unlocked at 9:45 am. Please allow time to be seated. Church will begin exactly at
- Congregation may choose their own seats and will no longer be formally escorted in or out of the Sanctuary. The socially distanced spacing WILL REMAIN, however, and we ask that you continue to sit in pews marked with green tape only. (Sit with the green tape at your back.)
- Please observe all directions from ushers and staff.
- Main floor Men’s/Women’s and Unisex restrooms will be open and available for use at your own
- Please do not bring food or drink in with you.
- Some congregational singing WILL be included.
- A stationary offering plate will be placed in the narthex for in-person donations.
- The celebration of communion will be suspended until further notice.
- Single-use printed worship aids will be available, please take home or leave them to be recycled.
- The Service will continue to be streamed live on YouTube and Facebook and archived online for
viewing any time afterwards.
- The Nursery will be available for children 4 and under; parents will be seated in the balcony only,
- Exit via either Jefferson Street main doors OR the North parking lot doors. Please observe all directions from ushers and staff.
- There will be no coffee hour at this time.
- Please limit any gatherings to OUTDOORS ONLY.